This is also the time of year when all the various Top Ten lists come out in magazines, newspapers, entertainment and news shows and, of course, blogs. Not wanting to be left behind, as I do every year, here is my Top Ten list of books from 2015. Well, they’re the top ten of the books that I read in 2015 so some of them may have been published in previous years. Anyway, here they are. Maybe you read some of them this past year too.
1. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami. Translated by Philip Gabriel. Vintage Paperback, 2015 (First published in 2013)
2. Monkey King, volume 19: Masters and Disciples by Wei Dong Chen, Chao Peng (illustrator). JR Comic, 2012.
3. The Stranger by Harlan Coben. Dutton Hardcover, 2015.
4. The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die #2) by Danielle Paige. Harper Collins, 2015.
5. Saints (Boxers &Saints #2) by Gene Luen Yang. First Second Paperback, 2013.
6. Boxers (Boxers &Saints #1) by Gene Luen Yang. First Second Paperback, 2013.
7. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri. Vintage Paperback, 2014.
8. Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña. G. P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers, 2015.
9. Tina’s Mouth: An Existential Comic Dairy by Keshni Kashyap, Mark Araki (illustrator). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Hardcover, 2012.
10. 1Q84 (1Q84 #1-3) by Haruki Murakami. Knopf ebook, 2011.
Honourable Mentions: The Young Elites (The Young Elites #1) by Marie Lu, Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig, We Are In A Book by Mo Willems, Guardian (Proxy #2) by Alex London